MS Outlook OST file is an offline data file which is created by Outlook users who use MS Exchange Server. It is an email based combined communication server which is used by organizations to enhance remote access to one’s mailbox. This MS Exchange Server includes an email client, email server, etc. for users of a large organization for secure access communications from their system within protected and controlled environment. While users are using Exchange Server account, one can configure MS Outlook to create copy of mailbox which is saved in Exchange Server and store it on system with .ost file extension which is known as offline folder (OST). OST file allows the users to access all the emails and other Outlook attributes of the account even when the account is not connected to Exchange Server. Sometimes, the OST file gets corrupted or damaged due to some known or unknown reasons. But don’t get panic in such situation as you can opt OST to PST Converter software which is capable of repairing corrupted or damaged OST file and convert it to PST file with utmost ease.
Reasons behind corruption of OST file:
- While you are updating OST file contents with Exchange Server account, there should be complete network connectivity. If network connectivity is not good, then data synchronization will be disturbed which leads to corruption of OST file.
- Changing of MS Outlook configuration settings due to some errors or software conflicts can corrupt the OST file.
- Improper migration of MS Outlook migration process, faulty of MS Outlook app, etc. sometimes leads to corruption of OST file thus making file inaccessible.
- Due to virus attack, OST file may get corrupt.
- Regular sharing of OST file over unsecured network may lead to its corruption.
- Abruptly terminating of MS Outlook may lead to corruption of OST file.
- Moving OST file from default path sometimes lead to OST file issues.
- If the default size limit of OST file exceeds or crosses max size large OST file can turn out to be unresponsive.
- Use of unidentified third party app to convert OST file to PST can sometimes cause corrupt to the OST file
- Sudden power failure during OST file access results in corruption of file.
- Increase in number of bad sectors on the hard drive may corrupt OST file.
When OST file gets corrupted or damaged, emails and other Outlook attributes will be inaccessible to the users. In such case, you need to convert the inaccessible OST file to PST file with the help of OST to PST Converter software to make it accessible. By converting OST file to PST file on Windows, user can easily access the emails, contacts, and other Outlook attributes.
Features of OST to PST Converter Software:
- This software is capable of securely converting OST file to PST file and repair all irregularities associated with the file.
- It supports repairing of OST file from all versions of Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2000, and 2003.
- The software has an inbuilt scanning algorithm which easily fixes and converts an OST file to PST file without altering or changing the original content of the file as it works on read only mechanism.