Outlook stores all the information in a single file termed as PST file. If your PST file gets corrupted then you can make use of inbuilt scanpst.exe (i.e. Inbox Repair tool) in order to access PST file attributes. Here are the steps that will assist you to fix Outlook file
Note: The below mentioned steps can be followed on all the latest versions of Outlook including Outlook 2013 / 2016. You can execute these steps on the entire Windows platform
How to Repair Outlook Data Files (.pst)?
- Exit Microsoft Outlook
- Go the Search Box and enter scanpst.exe
- Once you find exe, double click on it
- Click on Browse button to select .pst file that you wish to fix
- Click on Start button to initiate the scanning process in order to locate the errors
- Click on Repair tab if the scanning process prompts you any errors in the PST file
Well, there are certain situations where you are not able to fix Outlook 2013 PST file by using scanpst.exe tool. One of the advanced PST repair software is Remo PST Repair tool that helps you in fixing PST file within easy clicks.
What you should do if your OST file is not working?
Sometimes, users may also work offline when there is no connectivity of Outlook Exchange Server. Since you are working offline, all the information gets stored in OST file. At times, OST file corruption occurs due to synchronization errors.
In order to resolve the issue in OST file, you need to recreate the offline Outlook data file (.ost)
- Exit the Microsoft Outlook application
- Go to Control Panel and double-click on Mail
- Click Email Accounts in Mail Setup box
- Select Data Files, choose Exchange account and click on Open File Location
- Close Account Settings and the Mail Setup window, and then continue on the file explorer window
- Right click on the Exchange data file and hit on Delete button
- After completion of the above instructions, a new .ost file is created for the desired Outlook account