A thumb drive which is also known as flash drive or jump drive is a portable data storage device that stores various data. Thumb drive is used to store data and to transfer those stored files from one system to another. It has the ability to retain the information without the power supply. Thumb drive is re-writable and it will fit to any USB port on the computers. By using this thumb drive you can plug into a computer and will not have to restart it in order to access the thumb drive. Taking thumb drive from one system to another may cause conflicts to the drive letter which prevents them from being recognized as available storage device.
Devices like thumb drives that are made with proven parts may tend to function normally and if the device is unplugged while read or write function is being processed; you will get some of the error messages stating that thumb drive not recognized, USB device problem, unknown device etc. Now let us consider a scenario that when read or write process is in progress on the thumb drive which is connected to the system, you had unplugged the device from system unintentionally. This damaged the drive such that is stopped functioning further and as a result all the files on that drive were corrupt. However you need not worry as you have got many recovery programs that help to handle such situations of data loss. Here are some more scenarios that lead to data loss from the drives.
Causes for data loss from thumb drive
- Unsupported format: Sometimes USB drive may not be supported by your local machine resulting which you may lose your important files which you wanted to access may become inaccessible.
- Virus Infection– Virus will be the leading cause for loss of files from the thumb drive. If it is inserted into a computer having virus it contracts infection and causes data loss. If these drives get affected by the viruses then most of the files stored in these drives may get deleted or corrupted that travels through an infected system.
- File Reformatting– This problem may occur when there are any irregularities in the file system of the drive. And during this process, occurrence of any errors may lead to inaccessibility of the files.
These are the common reasons as how you will be losing you data from the thumb drive. Data loss can happen by various reasons computer virus, power failure, unexpected system shutdown, emptied recycle bin etc. But by taking the backup you can be able to access your data back which is lost. But if you don’t have the backup facility then you may suffer with the inconvenience as you had lost your important data. You may be searching for the recovery tool which has an ability to restore your lost data back. Then here is the best solution for your problem, memory stick recovery program will guide you on how to restore the lost data files. It has a high end up module that even recovers data and files after formatting and reformatting of the system. It also has the ability to recover the files from the error showing drive.
Salient features of this application
- Using this utility data recovery from Memory Stick is quiet easy and time saving.
- This software has the ability to restore most popular media files like audio, video, digital raw photos etc. formats on the basis of their unique signatures.
- User can easily retrieve deleted files from Memory Stick by installing this software on their system.
This software has been designed with built-in special algorithms which have an ability to recover the media files and even RAW photo formats. It also supports in Memory Stick recovery when any data is lost from the storage device. Just have a peek at this site to understand more about this rescue tool.